Thursday 5 July 2012

Sulky Sev

Before I proceed with this I should state that I am a Chloe Sevigny fan. I even like her name, 'Sevigny'. It sounds like a rather stylish area of France.  She's a talented actress and her style is certainly never dull but I do think that in photographs..(and I don't just mean pap ones because, let's be fair, we'd probably all be in a bit of a bad mood if we had giant camera lenses up our skirts when we went to buy a Big Mac)..she often looks like she's in a sulk. Here she's back to front the Miu Miu Autumn Winter campaign after a 16 year hiatus.

Shot by Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott, the campaign will feature a series of portraits with the actress lounging around 1970s-style interiors, described by the brand a “dandy-like fantasy conveying a refreshing eccentricity”. I LOVE the printed trousers it must be said. Also there are very few that can simultaneously look sexy and WEIRD all at the same time whilst holding a china tea cup and sitting in a very awkward looking pose on a chair that looks like it comes from a doctor's waiting room.


This is Sev back in their 1996 Spring/Summer campaign - not looking much happier and still sitting awkwardly on a chair.  Theme?  She has frequently worn Miu Miu's designs, including, recently, that mirrored effort at the Costume Institute Gala. A dress that I really shouldn't have liked at all but Sev managed to pull it off.


I particularly like how she's matched her lipstick to her clutch bag. The whole thing is a bold move but somehow works. You may disagree and hit up the comments if you do.  Of course in the past few weeks she's been seen as as a pre-op transsexual contract killer in Hit & Miss which saw her double Sky Atlantic's viewing figures, and she said about the role "the part is like nothing I will ever play again". Darn right, there can't be many pre op transsexual assassin roles out there, I've been trying to think of another and can't. I've got it all saved up on my Sky plus and will be tucking into it soon.  In the meantime, keep an eye out for the Miu Miu campaign and let me know if she cracks a smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my waffle. Every single comment is appreciated x