Friday 8 June 2012

Classics - Little White Dress

Who wore it best?!
Perhaps not the most practical festival choice Chloe..
I had five days in beautiful Marrakesh before coming back on Friday to the sodden Jubilee.  Not that I didn't get fully on board with it and three rounds of hurrahs for Queenie who must have been exhausted after it all.  I know I was! It seems faintly ludicrous to talk about Summer dresses as I peer out of the window at the rain, but one thing I really missed on my mini-break was the perfect white dress.  I used to have one but it one of the many items that seems to have strolled off since the move.  Grrrr.

The white dress is the perfect thing to throw on when it's bright outside, like it's better known sister (the LBD), it's good for any occasion.  It can be smart or toughened up with a leather jacket or chucked over leggings and ballet flats when there's a bit of a breeze.  Layer it up with a Breton sweater, add a tailored blazer and a hat for a day at the Races or just put it on and with a pair of sunnies and head out on your bike like Kiki.




Anyway dear readers, my constant hunt has paid off and I've found a few that I think could fit the bill - the only problem is which one. Two are from Whistles and one is from Jack Wills. Urgh JACK WILLS!! I cannot stand that shop but I had to sidle in when I saw this dress in the window, it is also available in black as well. I really like the black one as well...

The next two are from Whistles, a shop that I've always had a rather strained relationship with. I love so many of their clothes but the fit is always slightly off on me.  Their Lisa dress however, I LOVE. This is definitely one that you could dress up or dress and is probably the most formal of the bunch. I think it would look beautiful with a large black straw hat for a wedding...




My last choice is probably the one I'm going to buy. Breathable cotton? Tick. Under £100? Just. Lovely detailing, including a cheeky cut out? Tick. Now I just need the sunshine...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my waffle. Every single comment is appreciated x