Friday 23 March 2012

Bookworm - Part 2


"She is too fond of books and it has turned her brain"
                                                                           Louise May Alcott

Books are huge, pulsating obsession with me and one day, I shall have a room like this one above..even down to The Sound of Music vinyl cover on the floor. I've done many posts about books and have been known to buy multiple copies of the same titles because I liked different covers. The scene in Disney's Beauty and the Beast where he shows her the library as a present always makes me swoon in envy.  The reality is of course, although owning hundreds of books, I am a library short.  If you are a regular reader of this blog, you'll have noticed that bottom right corner always has which book I'm currently reading and a list of all time favourites.  I also keep a note in my diary of everything I read throughout the year.  I thought I'd share these with you and I'd love to know your current reads and recommendations...

Major Pettigrew's Last Stand by Helen Simonson
The Best of Everything by Rona Jaffe
A Visit From the Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan
Grippen by John Boyne
Greenery Street by Denis Mackail
Slammerkin by Emma Donoghue

And currently Kavalier and Clay by Michael Chabon.



By my bed and next in line are Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer, Enchanted April by Elizabeth Von Arnim and I REALLY want to re-read The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins!


I think the current trend for pyjama pants is IDEAL for lounging and reading.  My favourite pair I actually bought ages ago from Whistles and are shown here by the fabulous Susie Bubble, who is also working the matching shirt which I WISH I'd bought at the time!  Anyway, this weekend in London it's going to be 21degrees so put on your silk pyjamas, grab a book and hit one of the Capital's glorious parks..that's what I'll be doing!x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my waffle. Every single comment is appreciated x