Tuesday 19 April 2011

Cannes Can

Bardot running along the beach at Cannes...Can I emulate this look whilst not falling over?

Lovely readers, I must apologise for my lax posting of late. A wonderful trip to Berlin for the Boy's birthday, followed by a rather nasty chest infection has made me lazy. Berlin was incredible, we stayed in Soho House, bicycled around the city exploring East and West and met up with some chums who I hadn't seen for ages.  I came back to Spring FINALLY being here...and me being nearly bed-ridden and knackered! However I have recovered form and am starting to think about my Summer style. 

People in London are already floating about in maxi dresses and flip flops and whilst I think this is a tad too far, there's no harm putting together a little fantasy collection of purchases that would be suitable for Riviera chic..what with Cannes being around the corner and visit to a pal in St Tropz on the cards.  When it comes to Spring / Summer, simple is best and I have to say the French have it nailed.  My style is a variation on my fantasy collection. Lots of stripes, simple t shirt or prom dresses, a whacking great pair of sunglasses and French Sole ballet pumps. I also try and switch my colour palette largely based around black in Autumn/ Winter to one of white.  This year I may even invest in LWD..Little White Dress of course, keep up!
What are your Summer staples?x

From left to right: Rag & Bone wide brimmed beach hat, £120 @ lagarconne.com, Repetto ballet pumps, £150; Elizabeth and James jersey bustier dress, £108 @ Net-a-porter; Ruffian A-line cotton skirt, £525 @ brownsfashion.com; D&G sunglasses, £235.

Brig again looking very French and pouty in Repetto flats, a Breton top and capri pants.  Top tip, accessorize with a vintage car for maximum glamour.

1 comment:

  1. so jealous of summer right now... sydney is heading into winter with a rainy and chilly autumn... x

    http://theindulgent.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my waffle. Every single comment is appreciated x