Saturday 18 December 2010

Indian Christmas



This is really a quick post to say thank you all so so much if you've taken the time to read my waffle this year as it's nearly at an end. I didn't think I'd have time to do a little Christmas post as it's been frantic this week at work and then today I was meant to be flying to India.  However thanks to the horrific British weather and the inadequacy of Heathrow (grrrr), I spent the entire day at the airport without getting off the ground and have to be back at 9am tomorrow. Giggles all round. I also will be away from the Boy for two weeks which is never fun but we're having a week in the Shire when I'm back and a weekend at a lovely little boutique hotel in Wales which I'll post a review of. In the meantime, I want to leave you with some beautiful images of India, in particular some featuring Lily Cole in South India for British Vogue, July 2005 and some by one of my favourite photographers (and also a lovely chap!) Steve McCurry.  See you on the other side!x










UPDATE!! Did I go to Heathrow this morning? Yes Did I manage to fly? Clearly no. So here is a little bonus of some uplifting Steve McCurry pictures for all my lovely suportive friends and the boy. In the words of Scarlett O'Hara, tomorrow is another day!
Hold a true friend with both your hands.  -  Nigerian Proverb      
What is a friend?  A single soul dwelling in two bodies.  – Aristotle
Friendship is a slow-ripening fruit - Aristotle

1 comment:

  1. Hello from one milly blogger to another!! My blog is: thoroughlymodernmilly5.blogspot.com

    Love your thoughts and finds, and can't believe how similar we seem to be... in particular sharing a love of avocados, fashion, and being called Milly (with a y)! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my waffle. Every single comment is appreciated x