Friday 26 February 2010

Where do you go to my lovely?

As Coco Chanel said, "Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. It is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening..." Welcome to my blog which will deal largely with fashion but will also stray out of that ballpark on occasion...Really, I believe you should write about what makes you happy so those things for me are largely fashion and books, pottering about London (where I pretend at having a grown up job in publishing), my travels, nesting and trying to find the beautiful in the ordinary. Largely most things I see relate back to fashion but occasionally you may find snippets of culture here too

The title of this post comes from that wonderful song by Peter Starstedt makes me smile everytime I hear it, go and listen....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_dduKiZb6w
And check out the wonderful tache on him too..

Today it is dull and gloomy so I am dreaming of lazy Summer days and wearing bright Sonia Rykiel stripes to compensate. My favourite fashion rabbit Fifi Lapin was also working the brights on Sunday....

Dress by Henry Holland, Illustration by Fifi Lapin.

As I'm sure everyone and their wife knows..Fashion Week in London is coming to a close. I was in New York last week too on a craftily timed holiday, however fashion wasn't high on the agenda. New York was slightly frantic as I think city breaks can tend to be but we found solace in sleeping in and waking up to blanket snow on our first day...


Walking in the snow in Central Park...wearing Vivienne Westwood for Melissa wellies..stylish and so practical! (Had to wear extra socks though as rubber ain't exactly warm).

Taking in some culture at the Met by seeing their new exhibition of Bronzino sketches before rushing to see the launch of Alexa Chung's new collection for MadeWell...


Then lounging at The Crosby Street Hotel with my girlfriends having a delicious afternoon tea and cocktails!x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my waffle. Every single comment is appreciated x